Skip to content
- Greater Manchester residents would support more bus priorities, such as bus lanes, to tackle congestion and improve air quality.
- 76% indicated that they do not support increased public spending through an increase in Council Tax.
- More than a third (37%) want to see fuel tax levied on buses reduced, so operators can reinvest in improving services.
- Only 1% are aware of what price cap is on weekly travel (£19) – with 57% overestimating how much regular bus travel actually costs.
- Just under two-thirds (65%) don’t realise integrated tram, train and bus tickets are currently available.