OneBus is a partnership representing bus operators in Greater Manchester, committed to improving travel as part of an integrated network that gets Greater Manchester moving.
Who We Are
OneBus is a unified collective of commercial bus operators in Greater Manchester. OneBus was launched in 2018 to enable bus companies to speak with one voice and drive a shared commitment to improve public transport across the Greater Manchester region.
What We Do
The OneBus partnership represents bus operators in Greater Manchester, committed to improving travel as part of an integrated network that gets Greater Manchester moving.
Buses are central to the future of Greater Manchester and our positive package of proposals can make a real difference to tackling the biggest challenges facing our communities; road congestion and air quality.
Building on the significant investment already made by operators, we believe there is a window of opportunity for everyone to work together to deliver a revolution in the region’s bus network that puts customers first and offers excellent value for both passengers and public investment.
How We Do It
Our blueprint for a partnership model in Greater Manchester is consistent with the new powers in the Bus Services Act and proposes:
- 450 new low emissions buses over the next three years to boost the region’s air quality, with the first 150 delivered by 2020
- More flexible and simplified tickets, recommendation of two-year price freeze on multi-operator bus fares, and more affordable travel for people of all ages
- An action plan for Transport for Greater Manchester and other agencies to tackle congestion hotspots, speed up journeys and cut gridlock
- A single unified brand identity for all bus services, with individual operator buses clearly identifiable as part of a partnership
- Improved integration of bus, tram and rail services
- Joint bus network review to maximise connectivity for passengers, including the evaluation of the potential for off-peak, limited stop, night time or 24 hour services
- Better on-board customer experience, including extension of free WiFi across the bus fleet
- A fully coordinated, central approach to traffic management, customer contact and travel information